Since 1999, Invisalign is a one-stop solution for the remedial of crooked and non-aligned teeth. It is widely prevalent among teenagers and adults alike.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is first conceptualized and then manufactured by Align Technology, a Californian multi-national company producing medical-devices and equipment. Since 2000, it has become immensely popular throughout the US.
It is technically known as a clear aligner; that is, Invisalign is a type of orthodontic device that is transparent and made of hard plastic. It functions as a dental brace, and it is used to adjust teeth. Invisalign fits into the patients’ mouth, and over the first one month or two, it adapts and aligns the shape and the overall alignment of teeth.
Adults and teenagers favor Invisalign for its translucent glassy body, and therefore, it does not attract undesired attention.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
The Standard Invisalign care, namely Invisalign Full, can rectify more complex dental non-alignments. It can comprise innumerable units of aligners. The complete process of the Invisalign treatment usually requires almost one to one and a half years.
Some Benefits and Disadvantages of Invisalign
Although taking recourse to braces is more prevalent in curing non-alignment or the overcrowding of teeth, Invisalign provides some exclusive benefits. For some people, it works better than braces. However, it is essential to go through the pros and cons of Invisalign before opting for it.
Pros of Invisalign
- Invisalign provides undoubtedly more comfort and ease for the user. Since there are no metal brackets, the chances of accidental cuts inside the oral cavity or the lips are hardly any. The evenness of Invisalign does not cause vexation.
- The convenience is one of the primary reasons for people opting more for Invisalign. It can be used in a variety of circumstances with equal ease.
- Invisalign can be easily removed, cleaned, and reused while eating or brushing teeth. Braces significantly lack this particular benefit. Oral cleanliness and food habit are not impacted by Invisalign. Therefore the risk of gum disease is significantly lowered. Food also does not get affixed, as it happens in the case of braces.
- For its glassy texture, Invisalign is more appealing than metal braces. It is virtually undetectable. Your smile remains as enchanting as before. Therefore more teenagers prefer this orthodontic measure of Invisalign.
- The requirement of maintenance is almost nil when you use Invisalign. It can be cleaned using your toothbrush, or be bleached mildly. Any sort of stains can be removed simply by scrubbing it.
Disadvantages of Invisalign
- It is required to be worn almost all day.
- Compared to other forms of orthodontic treatment, Invisalign entails a high cost.
- It can be lost or broken.
There is a significant cost behind such a detailed and technology-reliant treatment as Invisalign. The cost varies from one state to another. The dentist’s charge and medications for oral health are also required to be assessed.
According to the official source, Invisalign is priced anywhere from $3000 to $7000. There is a provision of insurance, and it can cover up to $3000 from the respective insurance company. Consumer Guide for Dentistry pegs the US national average cost at $3000 to $5000.
Nanda Orthodontics Also Offers Following Services :
Phone: (405) 330-9911