As of now, there are 17 million boats presently in use in the US. But the upkeep of a boat is a complicated task, and there is no simple way to do it. You need your boat clean as a whistle. But everything from algae to zebra mussels is to be considered as a potential danger to your vessel. Thankfully, it is possible to deal with the plethora of challenging obstacles if you know a little about the boat’s operation, required cleaning products, and the detailed process.
This article will attempt to give you some insight into boat detailing, regardless of what type of vessel you presently own, be it a yacht, powerboat, dinghy, or catamarans.
Required Boat Detailing Products
The specific procedure of boat detailing begins with the procurement of boat detailing tools from the market. Access to a hose hookup is essential. The required products depend on the precise nature of the cleaning undertaking you have planned. Regardless, some of the rudimentary cleaning tools and supplies are listed below:
- Bucketor two
- Water pipealong with a nozzle
- Wash mittthat helps you apply the gel on the boat surface
- Sturdy brushes, with hard and soft bristles
- Ecofriendly boat detergent. You may also use wax or any kind of sealant.
- Chrome Polish
- A Quick Shining Wipe that has chemicals and wax
- Paint Safe
- Microfiber cloth
- Safety clothingand gloves
How To Detail The Boat
- Start by spraying water and rinsing the boat from the high end.
- Pour the Cleaning detergent and water and mix it thoroughly in a bucket. It is advised not to use home detergents or soaps as they are particularly prone to discoloring your boat.
- Gently scrub the body of the boat with the mitt. Continue washing from the high end to the small areas. Soap it well. Dry soap may leave a permanent mark on the boat.
- To avoid water spots or moisture, keep away the nozzle from the pipe.
- Dry the boat’s body with towels and make sure you leave no moisture behind.
- Use sealing or waxing to give your boat detailing a final finish. Sealants and waxes are made to provide complete protection to the boat’s exterior from salt, grime, and harmful rays.
Maintaining The Boat Carpets
It is advised that you vacuum the carpet surface regularly, removing dirt from every corner. Steam cleaners can be used when the cleaning needs to be thorough.
Park the boat on a slope or by using the trailer. Let the vessel be hosed and thoroughly cleaned by water. After the water is drained, scrub and brush the carpet. Then finally, use the vacuum to help it dry rapidly.
When Should You Do Boat Detailing
It is better to give the boat a thorough rinsing every time it has been to the water. Saltwater or brackish water significantly affects the beauty of the boat to a great extent. For a season, sealants are useful. Wax typically lasts for a few months. Apart from that, the detailing should be done when the need arises.
Chase Detailing Also Offers Following Services :
Chase Detailing Address: 3730 W Rock Creek RD, Norman, OK Phone: (405) 458-4444